Saturday, November 7, 2009

Cupid's Dead

I guess I should thank you
For letting me know
It was all just bull shit.

I thought you took it all away,
But it wasn't there to start with,
Was it?

My family, my best friend, my lover
My all too willing enabler
In this sick fiasco of rosy lies

There's no sarcasm here
I truly thank you, for vaccinating me.
For helping me graduate to adulthood.

Alongside Santa's grave
You've helped me bury Cupid.

Were it not for your kind help,
For tearing my skin to pieces and
Charring this meaty, beating organ,
I don't think I could have done it.

Were it not for your encouragement,
Your humiliating torture,
Your selfishness,
Your unbelievably deafening hypocrisy,
I'd still be a fool.

So once again, thank you for opening my eyes,
For slashing Cupid's throat,
And showing me you're so much more,
Than a lying, pathetic and self-righteous whore.




1 comment:

Aaron Seemann said...

Sigue escribiendo que ya me hice adicto... Yo tengo unas cuantas cosas escritas en mi blog, pero lo dejé porque se me secó el cerebro, la inspiración me llega en ratos... Saludos